Arons & Solomon Divorce Lawyers | October 28, 2016 | Articles
The holidays after divorce can be a sentimental, sad, and stressful time. Social media can make the matter worse. Scrolling through your newsfeed and seeing happy families celebrating the holidays can be disheartening. The reality is that about 50% of marriages end in divorce, and of the people that are still together, they might not be as happy as they are portraying. Here are some tips on how to enjoy the holidays after divorce.
- Holidays include your children. First and foremost, holidays can be difficult for your children too. It’s important to encourage your children to enjoy celebrating with your ex. You should not make them feel guilty for leaving you alone.
- Let go of the past. Stop holding onto your anger and resentment from the divorce, and focus on enjoying what you have.
- Love goes farther than money. After divorce, the amount of money you have to spend on presents may dwindle. Your time, attention, and love mean a lot more to your children than expensive gifts.
- Holidays are not a competition. You don’t want to get caught in a competition with your ex as to who gets the children the most expensive gift. Teach your children the true meaning of the holidays, instead of materialism.
- Communication goes a long way. Talk to your ex about presents you are getting your children so they don’t get two of the same thing. Be sure to communicate your plans with your ex to ensure that your children aren’t attending back-to-back holiday parties.
- Plan ahead. Plan ahead with your ex to have a smoother pick up time and place.
- Create traditions. Start new traditions with your kids that they’ll remember and treasure forever.
Arons & Solomon Divorce Lawyers is dedicated to New Jersey matrimonial and family law. We emphasize personal attention to each client’s unique situation and needs. Our lawyers have extensive experience ranging from child custody and parenting time disputes to division of assets and support.
Contact the Bergen County Family and Divorce Law Firm of Arons & Solomon Divorce Lawyers for more help
Contact the experienced family attorneys at Arons & Solomon Divorce Lawyers today for legal assistance. Visit our law office in Bergen County or give us a call at (201) 487-1199 to schedule an appointment. to schedule a free consultation with our team.
Bergen County Law Office
1 University Plaza Dr #400,
Hackensack, NJ 07601, United States