Jennifer Bretz has been practicing law for over 20 years, with a specific concentration in matrimonial and family law. She is happy to be associated with one of the premiere family law firms in Bergen County, Arons & Solomon, P.A.
Jennifer was born in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania and was raised in Gloucester Township, New Jersey (Camden County). She attended Richard Stockton College of New Jersey studying Business, with a concentration in Marketing. She achieved a perfect 4.0 cumulative grade point average and graduated with Program Distinction and Highest Honors. After college, Jennifer attended Rutgers University School of Law, Camden where she also graduated with High Honors. During Law School, Jennifer served as the Business Editor on the prestigious Rutgers Law Journal and was published in the Spring 1997 edition of the Journal. Jennifer also received training and service as a volunteer at the Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project.
After passing both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania bar exams in the summer of 1998, Jennifer was privileged to serve as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Amy Piro Chambers, the presiding judge of the civil division in Middlesex County. She then became associated with the law of firm of Beattie Padovano, LLC. in Montvale, New Jersey, where for over ten years, she was trained in all aspects of the law, including civil litigation, commercial and residential real estate, trust and estates, land use, insurance defense, collections and condominium law. However, beginning in 2000, Jennifer primarily focused on the practice of marital dissolution, support, custody, domestic violence and other aspects of family taw. She joined the firm of Arons & Solomon in April 2008 and continues to practice in those areas.
- Jennifer has extensive litigation experience in family law, including motions, trials, mediations, arbitrations and post judgment hearings.
- Jennifer is a certified mediator and aids pro se and represented litigants reach settlement to their matrimonial issues through the Model of mediation taught by the Center for Understanding in Conflict.
- Jennifer is a long-standing member of both the New Jersey and Bergen County Bar Associations.
- Jennifer volunteers her legal services as a member of the Bergen County Early Settlement Panel to aid litigants settle their divorce and post judgment cases.
- Jennifer was also honored to be an Ambassador to the Northern New Jersey Region of BNI, the world’s largest professional networking group. She has also served as Vice President and Education Coordinator of her Hackensack Chapter.
Outside of the law, Jennifer has been an active member of the American Legion Auxiliary for over 35 years, an organization that supports veterans and children through community outreach. In 2018 she became the President of the Collaborative Divorce Organization for Northern NJ. She also volunteers on her local Home and School Board, where she served as President for several years and aided the organization in revising their Constitution and By-Laws. She serves on several parent booster organizations for her children’s sports and theater clubs. In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys spending time in her Catskill, NY home with her extended family and chocolate lab. Jennifer is married to her husband, Scott and they have three children.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Collaborative Law, North Jersey Collaborative Law Group, 2015
- Mediation, The Center for Mediation in Law, 2011
Honors and Awards
- 2019 “Ten Best Attorneys” selected by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 2018 “Top Lawyers in Bergen” selected by peer review in (201) Magazine
Areas of PracticeAlimony
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Division of Assets
LGBT Divorce and Dissolution
Post-Divorce Conflict Resolution
Rutgers School of Law – J.D. with Honors
Rutgers Law Journal , Business Editor, 1995 – 1997
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey – B.A. with Honors and Distinction
Beattle Padovano, LLC, Associate, 1998 – 2008
Hon. Amy Piro Chambers, P.J.S.C., Law Clerk, 1997 – 1998
New Jersey, 1997
U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project, 1995 – 1997
Bergen County Early Settlement Panel, 2002 – Present
Associations and Memberships
New Jersey Bar Association
Bergen County Bar Association
President of the Collaborative Divorce Organization for Northern NJ
Delta Mu Delta sorority
Coming Apart, Together, CDANJ Contributing Author, Winter 2018-2019
Lighting up the Battle against the Tobacco Industry: New Regulations Against Cigarette Sales to Minors, Rutgers Law Journal, Spring, 1997